Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest RSS Feed

Dec 7, 2009

Have yourself a 500 days of summer

"This is a story of boy meets girl. But you should know upfront, this is not a love story."
- deep voice narrator

If i say that I'm in love with the movie 500 days of summer... i'm not exaggerating.

I am both Tom Hanson and Summer Finn.
I am the believer and the non-believer.


The movie is (so far) the essence and the sum up of my way of thinking towards what most people call love... (while Garden State is my perception of home - but we are not talking about that marvelous movie here). The flipping scenes of the happy moments and the not so happy moments lead my brain to re-open some old memories, re-live some present memories, and re-mind me of all of the things i want for my future: simply, someone who i can love and love me in return unconditionally for the rest of my life.

blah!
a slap in the face.

"Ah, it's is so cliche!!!" you might say.

But when one know how bitter i can be in person, one may think that i have gone loco.
I say - love is the most difficult thing that one can possess! It is an out-of-this-world kind of ability, a behaviour so advanced it takes you your whole life to master. and therefore, to be able to find the "significant other" that matches one's basic ability to love would be a blessing. hell of a luck!
To be honest - how many people who get married or get together just because "he can provide shelter and a good life for me and my big extended family" or "i tend to love young girl" or "love will grow between us, any time soon now" or any other reasons - just to find that their love is forced and one-sided?

I once read on the web: "There are 6 billions souls in the world. You just need one soul for the rest of your life"
-- and people actually think it's easy to find that one particular soul?
now that, we can call bullshit!

Be blessed my friends, if you are among the tiniest amount of people in this over-consumptive over-exaggerating prejudice world who get together for the reason of "just because..." and fell speechless there. For you might have been given the chance to experience life to its fullest!

Amen to that.

And if a double-decker bus crashes into us
To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck kills the both of us
To die by your side... well the pleasure, the privilege is mine
The Smiths — There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

0 comments:

What say you?