Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest RSS Feed

Jan 22, 2010

My Travel Wishlist

Traveling is one of my passions.
I developed this certain passion since i was a little girl, used to travel with my nomad family across Indonesia. I said that i want to go abroad someday.. and got everybody laughed at me as a reply. Somehow, I managed to get a 'scholarship' and went to the Netherlands... where my world-wide adventure begun :)


So far, I have visited several countries (outside the Netherlands) - all using my own saving and salary :) Switzerland, Greece, a little bit of Germany, a little bit of Austria, a little bit of Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Singapore, and Australia.

This year, I have plan to go on a budget travel (kapan sih engga hahaha) to Vietnam and Thailand.

But don't see me as an Indonesia-hater. On the contrary, I love every culture carved in perfection in Indonesia. I would love to spend months of traveling across Indonesia, drink in all the stunning view, know every local languages, master every traditional songs and dances.. However, traveling inside Indonesia cost a fortune! The plane ticket is freaking expensive... and one can not really depend on transportation. The journey that was supposed to be one-month journey can extend to 3-or-4month journey. So far, I have been to 4 out of 5 main islands in Indonesia. The only places left untouched is Papua. I have to go there someday :)

If i do have the time, the money, the luck, and the strength...
I want to go to:
I shall skip the places i have visited, even though i do want to go there again. ..

*Japan!
Going to Japan is my living dream! I want to live there and breathe the air in the country of the rising sun! I can only wish I was born a Japanese >.<

*Russia: Moscow

Russia and Japan trip will be the most expensive trip offered in any travel agencies (at least in Indonesia), I don't know why. Personally, I am amazed on how big the country is, how marvelous the architectures are, and.. I love Anastasia.

*Argentina
Recently, i have a growing passion of visiting Argentina. In my imagination, Argentina appear to be a little different from the all-hectic all-summery all-bikinis Brazil. With the blue blue sky and beautiful mountains. If i am not mistaken, Argentinan speaks Portuguese instead of Spanish. I'm gonna love Argentina more because it is the birthplace of Tango!

*Italy: Rome, Venice, Cicily, Vatican
I missed out Italy when I was having a road trip back in Europe. The exotic handsome men... with brown eyes and brown hair... the scent of salty water... the beautiful architecture... the intertwined love and religion... all in one.

*Morocco
The Mediterranean-African breeze tingles my ears every time i think about Morocco.

*Turkey: Istanbul
The sound of the belly dancing music follows you every step of the way. The smoke of Shisha and the indulging smell of Turkish kebab and falafel will keep me there and drown me.

*Greece: Santorini (again), Crete, and other cities in the main island.
Greece is one of my favourite countries. It is not because of it's white and blue houses (because white and blue are not my colours), it is because of the myths within. Yes, I fancy astrology, I fancy Greek Gods & Goddesses. My superstitious soul comes from my Greek DNA hehe..

*Spain: Seville, Canary islands, Granada
I love Spain! I can see my self living in Madrid, walking around in the city, loving life. I have only been to Madrid and Barcelona during a road trip with my girlfriends back in 2006. Going back to Spain again, visit more places, drink more sangria, eat more paella, and maybe fall in love... aww, what a dream...

*Egypt
The cosmic of those giant pyramids makes me wonder if i can sit at the top of one of its sphinxes and eat my lunch - just like that scene on Jumper hahaha

*Norway & Finland
The Scandinavian islands! I imagine chilly wind blows every now and then, making me wish i never went the first place. But i guess it will cool to wear furry winter jacket most of the time. Also, i want to see the place where several of my classmates come from.

*Germany: Berlin
Next to Holland, but I never really got the time (or money) to travel to Berlin. Yes, I am lame :P

*UK: London
I mean, c'mon... Europe without the all hectic, weather-crazy, English men with strong British accent London? I want to hop on to the double-decker bus, ride on the cute taxi, and be preppy. Maybe, i will see Hogwarts too - sprinkle myself with a little bit of Harry Potter's magic dust, disappear under his cloak. Pfff... why is UK so expensive?

*Ireland: Dublin
The home of Irish pub for a change. I will be dizzy trying to figure out what the people are talking. Or yet, maybe i will be fluently talking English with Irish accent!

*Africa
The thrill of safari in Africa fills the head of every real traveler, that is my belief. The extreme heat, the wild life, and the drumbeat of local people dancing with their colourful dresses... Gosh! Why does travel to Africa can be so expensive?

*Fiji
It is like being in the middle of nowhere, literally! Surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, disappear from the map of the world for a while. That will be a "WoW" experience.

*Thailand: Bangkok etc
Thailand will be the closest exotic destination in Asia. I imagine living around people talking in funny Thai accent :) like some of my Thai friends in Holland. Plus, i love love love Thai food!

*Vietnam & Laos

Next to Thailand, there are Vietnam and Laos. I don't really know what to expect in those to countries. Need to have more researches! Well.. I'll be going to Thailand & Vietnam this year! yay!

*USA: NYC & Hawaii
US is not listed in my travel preferences. Well, but i do want to see Hawaii. Me and my tanned skin will blend easily with local people of Hawaii. Another city i want to see is New York - and pretend to be one of SATC girls! :p

*Tibet
I think it's a wonderful place. Although i am not sure i will be able to climb. I'm no climber :P

*Brazil: Rio de Janeiro, Iguazu Falls, Sao Paulo
South America is a destination to go! I am mostly attracted to the infamous Iguazu Falls, located in the border of Brazil and Argentina. How to get there? When to get there? Pfff.. Have no idea!

*Israel: Bethlehem
This is more like a pilgrimage. I have been to Lourdes and Fatima. So i need to complete the journey and go to Israel, too.

...
But wait! Who says Indonesia is not on the list? It will take a year or more to travel and explore and unveal the ultimate beauty of Indonesia - both its marvelous plaves and exotic culture.


So, here's my "Travel Indonesia" wish list!

*Aceh: Danau Laut Tawar, Sabang
Never been to Aceh, dan ingin sekali.

*Sumatera Utara: Berastagi, Sipisopiso, Pulau Nias
North Sumatra is one of my heritage. My "kampung" is in Pematang Siantar, several hours away from the capital city, Medan.

*Bangka Belitung: Pulau Belitung
I have only been to Pulau Bangka and went to Parai Beach. Pulau Belitung is a smaller main island located in the west side of Pulau Bangka.

*Jakarta: Pulau Pramuka, Kep. Seribu
The nearest, most doable spot to go.

*Jawa Barat & Banten: Sawarna, Bayah, Karang Bolong, Ujung Kulon
I started to explore west java with my friends from 2008. At first, it was always be Ujung Genteng (gorgegous and advendturous place), then Bogor, then Sukabumi. There are many more places i still want to explore in west java :)

*Jawa Tengah: Dieng, Karimun Jawa islands
I always focussed my journey to Jogjakarta and never really to the highlands of central java. That should be lovely too.

*Jawa Timur: Mount Bromo, Malang, Pulau Madura
People said that East Java's landscape is the most beautiful in Java. I am curious indeed. Especially when my friends start talking about their journey in Bromo, about how the stars fill the dark sky like diamonds as your feet touch the warm sands.

*Bali: Lovina
There's so much about Bali than just Kuta. I mean, Kuta is for teenagers and Bali first-timers. Out of several towns in Bali, I love Ubud the most. But that's probably because I have never been to Lovina and indulge another side of Bali.

*Sulawesi Utara: Manado, Bunaken
The only place i've ever visited in Sulawesi is Makassar, the capital city of Sulawesi Selatan. I was only 15 and knew nothing about the art of traveling. My old friends from Ambon are also living in Manado. I should pay them a visit and enjoy the underwater scenery of Bunaken :) Hopefully that by the time i get there, I already know how to dive!

*NTB: Gili islands, Lombok
I've been wanting to go to Lombok for quite sometime now.

*Papua Barat: Raja Ampat islands
I have lived in Maluku for 6 years, yet I have never travel to Papua. Well, I was still a tween back then... I only travel to the big cities. However, I always envied my father for getting the chances to travel in Eastern part of Indonesia. Yes, i want to go to Papua and blend with the nature!

*Kalimantan, Borneo cross-over
Going through the thick tropical wood in Kalimantan is the ultimate experience! Then cruising with the local boat through its rivers. Challenging, huh? The woods and the mountains are not really my thing. But hey, who knows?

*Sulawesi Selatan: Toraja
Several of my high school friends come from Toraja. They are very proud of where they came from, and recommend people to go there... I only know that Toraja has an unique culture, and one of the must-go-see places in Indonesia.

*GOING NUTS!*

2 comments:

  1. yuksss... a getaway weekend ke kepulauan seribu.. i love to see them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kayaknya seru ya klo rame2. cewe2 terdampar di pulau seribu hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

What say you?