Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest RSS Feed

Oct 10, 2008

Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs

Our daily lives is filled with love songs - the all-time-greatest ones, the super duper cheesy ones, the bad-but-got-stuck-in-your-head-all-the-time ones, the sexy ones, the teenage-kind-of-cute ones, and so on, and so on.

Love songs are itchy.. yet inevitable.
We human can't avoid it; it's human nature to love love songs - it's the air the we breathe, it's the food that we eat. It's contagious!

Should we surrender to its power and be mellow and mushy all the time? HA! NO!
We may love love songs. But there's nothing wrong with mocking them, too.
So today i decided to get stumbled with this different interpretation of love songs :P

"Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs" VH1 version
*actually there are 40, but I'm just gonna write down the top 10. As the countdown subtly changes are viewers votes coming, i should say that the top 10 is not definite.

10 Heaven by Warrant

9 When You Close Your Eyes by Night Ranger

8 Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
Hey i do love this love song! YES i know the lyric is overrated. "I'll be your dreams, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy... I'll be your hope, I'll be love, be everything that you need..." A woman can surely do that. But how on earth can a man bear all of those thing just to be with his woman? HAHAHA what a big fat lie.

7 Get Here by Oleta Adams

6 The Search Is Over by Survivor

5 You're the Inspiration by Chicago
Chicago with their high-pitch voice did inspire many people back then :P Oh my oh my peter cetera. I do remember to link them with "Like a knight in shinning armor, from a long time ago... Take you to my castle fly away..." Wake up wake up. Life and love? Not that cute.

4 God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You by *NSYNC

3 Joanna by Kool & the Gang

2 Is This Love by Whitesnake

1 Hero by Enrique Iglesias
Hahahahaha Enrique! He's not the master of cheesy and awesomely bad love songs... Yet he's overact persona in this song [you gotta see the clip then] is the one that makes the song awesomely bad. Well, the lyric, too, is a little bit too much for me personally. The whole "I can be your hero baby, I can take away the pain..." thing is full of bullshit!

Read more, listen more on VH1 page here.

So, do you have your own version of "Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs"? ;)
share them.

2 comments:

  1. 8. Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
    "Hey i do love this love song! YES i know the lyric is overrated. "I'll be your dreams, I'll be your wish, I'll be your fantasy... I'll be your hope, I'll be love, be everything that you need..." A woman can surely do that. But how on earth can a man bear all of those thing just to be with his woman? HAHAHA what a big fat lie."
    Bah! It's HIS man, not his woman, you silly girl....

    ReplyDelete

What say you?